Thank you for visiting our website. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This website is operated by Wellingtons. For the purposes of UK data protection law, the data controller is Wellingtons. Our registered address is Wellingtons, 124 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. You can contact us on 01276 491 740.
Our Data Protection Officer is Lucy Egan and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Information we collect about you
We collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide to us. You can provide us with information about you by filling in forms on our website or by contacting us by telephone, email or otherwise. The information you provide to us may include your name, address, email address, telephone number and any other information you choose to provide.
- Information we collect about you. When you use our website, we automatically collect information about you, your computer or mobile device, your IP address and information about how you use our website and other websites.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use a property portal website to contact us. This could include details of your property search and information about your likely interests. We may combine this information with other information you provide to us or which we collect about you.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Providing services to you. We use your personal information to provide you with information and services that you request from us and to administer any promotions or competitions you enter with us.
- Marketing and advertising. We use your personal information to provide you, or to permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that we think will interest you.
- Service improvements. We may use your personal information to tell you about changes to our services and to help keep our website secure.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the legal basis for processing your personal information in these ways is typically one of the following:
- Consent. By enquiring via this website, you consent to the collection and use of your information by Wellingtons in the ways outlined above. If, having given your consent to the use of your data, you subsequently change your mind you can stop all, or particular uses of your data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Performance of a contract. It is necessary for us to process your personal information to perform a contract with you, or for us to take steps on your instruction prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate interests. It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information for this purpose to operate our website, to provide and promote our services, and to protect our business.
- Legal obligations. It is necessary for us to process your personal information to comply with the law.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
Vendors, Purchasers, Landlords and Purchasers.
- We use your personal information for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you to let or sell your property or, if you are a buyer or tenant, for the purposes of arranging viewings, obtaining feedback, and arranging a contract for sale or a lease for you.
- We will use your personal information to conduct due diligence in accordance with other legal or regulatory obligations
- We will share your personal information with your appointed solicitors and the solicitors and agents acting for the other side of the deal as is necessary to facilitate the sale or purchase. We may also share your personal information with joint or multi agents or developers, as the case may be.
- We will share your personal data with third party referencing agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and/or money laundering and checking your suitability to rent that property.
- We will share your details with third parties such as mortgage advisors, solicitors, removal companies where you have specifically asked.
- Where we are managing property on your behalf we may need to pass your personal information from time to time on to third party contractors whom we have engaged to carry out maintenance on your properties.
We may also share your personal information in order to obtain professional advice, or to comply with a legal obligation or a request from law enforcement or another regulatory authority.
Storing your personal information
The information we store about you is stored on computer systems based in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website. Once we receive your information, we will use strict security procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will store your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods will vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us.
Your data protection rights
You have the right to tell us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by unsubscribing using the link in any of the marketing emails we send you.
UK data protection law also gives you the right to access your personal information, to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate or complete incomplete information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at the address above or by emailing email@example.com. We will comply with the law in responding to your requests. That means that there may be some legal reasons why we cannot comply with all requests.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that are not run by us. If you follow a link to another website, please note that other websites have their own privacy policies and we are not responsible for those policies or other websites’ content. You should check these privacy policies before submitting any personal information to these websites.
We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have. You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or 0303 123 1113.
Updated: 5th January 2023